1.Your early 20’s are a hot mess, and if they’re not, you’ll likely regret it later on. Just embrace it.
2. Don’t apologize when you don’t have anything to be sorry for.
3. Don’t burn the bridges. It’s a small world.
4. Unfortunately, things can get worse-that’s the harsh part about life.
5. “Be kind anyway.” If it’s good enough for Mother Theresa, It’s good enough for you.
6. People will not take you seriously if you don’t know how to use the right kind of “there,” “their” or “they’re”
7. Most friends come and go. A few last a lifetime.
8. Close your mouth and open your eyes. (Thanks, Dad!)
9. When people are mean to you, it’s 99% of the time not about you. They’re projecting. Unless you did something really stupid to them, then it’s 100% about you.
10. Don’t cry in your place of work. Cry at home or at the bus stop or while you’re taking a shit. Let it all out. But not at work (…unless you work from home).
11. When you love, love with abandon. It all ends in torment anyway, but at least you will not have lived in half measures.
12. And about love: good luck trying to push it away to save yourself. It always comes back.
13. Trust that voice in your head. Trust your gut. Trust the hairs on the back of your neck. Trust the butterflies.
14. Being miserable is such a delicious comfort. But just be careful how comfortable you allow yourself to get.
15. If you can’t laugh at yourself, it’s going to be a long life.
16. Believe in something bigger than you – God, Allah, Buddha, karma, justice….the universe. Just believe.
17. Appreciate your parents. Tell them thank you. (It doesn’t matter if they’re your biological parents or your step-parents or your grandparents or your best friend’s mom or your older sister. This applies to whoever raised you.)
18. Take care of people who take care of you.
19. No one else can make you happy if you’re not happy with yourself. To expect them to is setting both of you up for failure.
20. And finally, if you feel young, you’re never going to have that body again. Don’t waste it.
The list is endless but these are the first things that came to my mind.