Every morning when I come to work, I prefer to listen to my downloaded music on my phone but today I forgot my earphones at home – that moment you pour everything in your handbag on your laps and search every pocket for the earphone. You just can’t believe you left them because you used to that…Fuck!!
Anyways, the bus had loud music when I boarded.hen the music stopped, the presenter’s on the radio station were talking about one-night-stand rules. I did not agree with some of them but I jotted the one’s I agreed with on my phone and thought I should share of what I thought on this topic.
Let’s face it, the one night stand is a major part of millennial dating scene and modern hookup culture. As usual as it might be, there’s still a right and wrong way to go about it. Going about a one night stand can end very badly for all the parties. Just helping out here.
Before the Fling.
- Find out if he’s taken. If you don’t want to cause drama.
- Make your intentions clear. Let him know plain and simple that you’re only looking for a fling.
- Lay down rules that you expect him to follow. If he disagrees with any of your rules, don’t go through with it.
- For your safety, ask him if here’s anything you should know about his STD status. Not many would go for this step. But just ask, it never hurt to ask or discuss safe sex.
- Make sure you trust him. If you don’t, don’t let him stick it in you.
During the Fling.
- Have fun. If you’re not having fun. What’s the point?
- Keep the cell phones away. You never know. He might be the one to take your photo and video because it’s just a one night stand.
- Don’t pressure him to do something he doesn’t want to do or feel comfortable with and also don’t put up with him doing it to you.
- Be clean. No one whats to hook up with someone that smells like a dumpster.
- Be nice to you one night stand. Why are you there in the first place?
After the Fling.
- If it was really good, consider upgrading him to Friends with benefits. If you want to do it again, tell him.
- Give him your contact details if you haven’t already in case you want round 2.
- Keep it discrete. A gentleman never kisses and tells, neither does a lady. Just like you wouldn’t appreciate him giving friends the play-by-play, he probably doesn’t want you to go talking about it to everyone.
- Don’t get to clingy. A one night stand should have no strings attached to it. Don’t make the grave mistake of getting clingy, being too obvious or worse, becoming the crazy ex-girlfriend without even dating him. You will only be ruining your chances of casual fun afterwards.